Customer appreciation in a digital world is important. In fact, it’s even more important now than in the past because customers are getting all sorts of different messages, ideas, and attention from businesses all over this digital space.
In order to make your business stand out, you need to make your customers feel like they stand out to you.
Why is customer appreciation in a digital world so important?
- 65% of U.S. consumers say that a positive interaction with a business is more influential in their decision-making process than excellent advertising. The best way to ensure that your customers are having positive interactions with your business is by showing your appreciation. Showing your customer that they are appreciated by your business could be as simple as saying a sincere thank you after each service.
- Customers enrolled in a business’ loyalty program will visit that business 35% more frequently. What better way to show your customers that you appreciate them than through creating a loyalty program that rewards them for working with you? A loyalty program is the ultimate win-win when it comes to the business/customer relationship.
- Over 75% of customers have abandoned a transaction due to one poor interaction with a business. Yikes. That’s a lot of churn that could be easily avoided. When a customer has a poor interaction with a business, they’re very unlikely to come back. One definition of work appreciation is “a full understanding of a situation.” Avoiding negative experiences with your customers is as simple as showing them appreciation by working to understand their situation and point-of-view.
- Loyal customers are 5x more valuable to a business than new customers. In other words, showing your customers that you appreciate them and creating a loyal relationship is more than worth it in terms of your revenue.
- One in three customers will pay more money in order to receive a higher level of service from a business. When a business offers a high-quality product that is in-demand, they can charge a lot more for it and still keep their loyal customer base. Just look at Apple and all their updated versions of the iPhone. The same can be said for a business that works toward giving customers a higher level of service. Consumers will pay more for the best experience.
Now that most engagements, interactions, and transactions are done digitally, customer appreciation should be too. Interacting regularly with your customers and providing them with valuable information that is relevant to their lives and your business is a great way to stay connected to your customers while displaying a strong appreciation for them and their business.
For more insights on marketing strategy that actually works for small business, subscribe to the FreshLime Newsletter here. Connect with Jay Bean, Founder of FreshLime and Small Business Marketing Expert on LinkedIn and Twitter. And last of all, if any of these tips have helped you or if you have anything to add please comment below. We’d love to hear from you!
3300 Ashton Blvd Suite 210, Lehi, UT 84043, United States
Lehi, UT 84043