Automated interactions with customers can reduce customer service costs by 30%. And for that reason, it’s easy to see the many benefits of a customer interaction platform.
As we approach 2021, it’s time for businesses to make strides toward standing out and keeping their business at the top of consumer’s minds.
Engaging with customers is the most important thing small business owners should be doing to create loyal customers that revisit their business often. However, small business owners are some of the busiest people there are so you may not always (or ever) have time to write out personalized, targeted, attention-grabbing messages to your customers. That’s where a customer interaction platform comes in. What are the other benefits of having this software for your business?
Stand out Through Automated Interactions
Automating your customer interactions through a powerful customer interaction platform is the best way to help your business stand out against the competition. Big businesses like Amazon, Apple, and Target have been on the automation train for a long time, and that’s why customers have come to expect this level of interaction. Utilizing automation greatly reduces the risk of error or allowing a customer to “slip through the cracks.” A customer interaction platform like FreshLime allows small businesses to easily and efficiently:
- Target engagements so customers are receiving messaging that is relevant to their interests and needs from your business.
- Cater to your customer’s timing. If a customer is due for a carpet cleaning or oil change, the best way to bring them back to your business is by being the one who reminds them of their upcoming need. Automated interactions make it so you don’t have to remember these important details, but they still aren’t overlooked.
- Save time and money. You probably don’t have time to send individual text and email engagements to each of your past and current customers…. Who does?! Save time and money by using a customer interaction platform that automates your communication.
Personalize Each Conversation
49% of buyers have made impulse purchases after receiving a more personalized experience. Consumers receive marketing messages every day, sometimes every hour. In order for your business to stand out among these messages, yours should be personalized. More than just knowing your customer by name, your messages to customers should be:
- Tailored to their past purchases. Storing your customer and transaction data in a customer interaction platform makes for stronger personalization because you can easily track what your customer has purchased from you in the past.
- Send to them where they are. Tracking whether your customer is more likely to open and engage with messages through text, email or social media is your best bet for reaching them where they want to be reached. Storing this information about your customers in a customer interaction platform makes automated engagement easier, more catchy, and much more effective.
Decrease Customer Frustrations
Only about 1 in 25 unhappy customers will complain about a less-than-satisfactory experience, the rest just leave. Decrease customer frustrations by allowing them the opportunity to follow-up with your business after each interaction. Reach out to customers following service to find out what they thought of their experience with your business. They’ll feel less frustrated after sharing, and you’ll be able to make things right instead of losing a customer.
Create a Stronger Customer Journey
The most powerful tool a small business has against its competitors is the customer journey they create for each person they work with. Stand out by utilizing a customer interaction platform that provides your customers with the care and connection they crave, while allowing your business to thrive in 2021. Create a stronger customer journey for your customers through each interaction by knowing and understanding the data that provides your customers with value.
Standing out through automated interactions starts with realizing the benefits of a customer interaction platform. While you’re setting up your business goals for 2021, don’t forget to focus on the most important aspect of your business – the customer.
For more insights on marketing strategy that actually works for small business, subscribe to the FreshLime Newsletter here. Connect with Jay Bean, Founder of FreshLime and Small Business Marketing Expert on LinkedIn and Twitter. And last of all, if any of these tips have helped you or if you have anything to add please comment below. We’d love to hear from you!