Chicken Pasta W/ Cilantro-Lime Alfredo Sauce
It’s Friday! TGIF. So we are excited to share our Favorite Friday Live inspired recipe for a quick, easy, and delicious meal for date night — this is the perfect recipe. This creamy dish combines lime, cilantro, and garlic flavors. So don’t just drool over the picture, get to cooking!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lb chicken breast, sliced
Salt and pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice (less amount if bottled juice)
¼ cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
⅔ cups heavy cream
⅔ cups milk
½ cup mozzarella or parmesan cheese, grated
8 oz spaghetti pasta (for gluten free version use gluten free)
Reserved cooked pasta water
1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-hot heat. Generously season sliced chicken with salt and pepper, add to the hot skillet and cook for about 5 minutes until done. Remove sliced chicken from the skillet.
- To the same skillet, add minced garlic, lime juice and chicken broth. Cook for 1-2 minutes on high heat, deglazing and scraping the skillet until the liquid is reduced and making sure garlic does not burn and brown too much. Mix in chopped cilantro.
- Add heavy cream and milk. Bring to boil, the immediately add cheese and mix in until melted, while boiling. Then, remove from heat.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain, reserving some cooked pasta water.
- Add pasta to the sauce, along with the half of the chicken. Mix everything in and season pasta with more salt, if needed.
- Top with the remaining half of the chicken and more chopped cilantro.
Recipe from: Julia’s Album