Do you have an open line of communication with your customers, or are you struggling to engage?
Communicating with your target audience, including past customers, is easier said than done. However, once you find a strategy that works, you’ll realize just how powerful it is.
This leads to an important question: what’s the best way to communicate with your customers?
Since there’s no right or wrong answer, base your decision on the following:
- The strategies that have worked (and haven’t worked) for you in the past
- Product or service you’re selling
Also, don’t shy away from experimenting with several techniques. You never know when you’ll find the perfect strategy for communicating with your customers.
Here are three of the easiest ways to open the lines of communication:
- Make your company accessible: If it’s difficult for people to get in touch, don’t expect them to do so. No one wants to jump through hoops. Make your company accessible via phone, email, live chat, and/or social media. The more communication channels you open up, the easier it is for your customers to touch base.
- Be proactive: Don’t wait for your customers to get in touch with you. Take the initiative by engaging through multiple channels. Maybe you send a newsletter once a week or twice a month. Or maybe you engage with your audience on social media. When you’re proactive, your customers will feel more comfortable communicating with you.
- Provide an enjoyable experience: When your customers enjoy chatting with you and your co-workers, they’re more likely to reach out. A dedication to customer service will do wonders for your business, including the manner in which you communicate.
Now that you understand why it’s important to open the lines of communication, it’s time to take action. Are you ready to put this advice to good use?
For more insights on marketing strategy that actually works for small business, connect with Jay Bean, Founder of FreshLime and Small Business Marketing Expert on LinkedIn and Twitter. If any of these tips have helped you or if you have anything to add, please comment below. We’d love to hear from you!
3300 Ashton Blvd Suite 210, Lehi, UT 84043, United States
Lehi, UT 84043