Quick Response (QR) codes are a type of barcode easily readable with digital devices like smartphones. They store information that can be read through a smartphone’s camera, and will direct the user to the online space of the creator’s choice. Because of the pandemic, we have likely all seen QR codes being used in restaurants to pull up touchless menus.
A Software vendor of high-tech solutions, called Vincle, has regularly used QR Codes at different events and with its marketing strategy, in order to engage users to interact with their brand. The company witnessed more than 90% engagement because of their QR code initiative.
QR codes are convenient, touchless, quick and easily usable for anyone who owns a smartphone. It’s estimated that already about 63% of people are using QR codes on a daily basis. Joining in the QR code craze is a great move for small businesses, because:
- QR codes are convenient and easy to use
- QR codes can be easily placed on signage, smartphone backgrounds, business cards, magnets, water bottles, etc. so it’s accessible for employees and customers.
- QR codes promote more customer engagement
- QR codes help businesses gain new online reviews
- QR codes can easily take your customer wherever you want them to go online: to a text conversation with your business, to a scheduling page, to your website, to your Google listing or anywhere else you can think of!
QR codes promote interaction and engagement with customers (current and potential) through mobile phones. The rise of contactless communication expectations has brought QR codes to a new light and made them more popular than ever before. Small businesses should adapt to the convenience wants of consumers by utilizing QR codes in their communication and marketing messaging.
For more insights on marketing strategy that actually works for small business, connect with Jay Bean, Founder of FreshLime and Small Business Marketing Expert on LinkedIn and Twitter. If any of these tips have helped you or if you have anything to add, please comment below. We’d love to hear from you!