Should field sales reps be leaving materials behind for homeowners? The simple answer is yes. Whether someone answers their door or not, they should be left with a way to easily connect with you at another time.
Homeowners today are potentially harder to reach face-to-face because they have a plethora of reasons to avoid answering their front door. For starters, the younger generations have become accustomed to most of their communication taking place virtually – through text email or social media. While others may still be weary of answering their front door because of the pandemic and concerns over spreading illnesses. Perhaps the most common hangup is simply that so many homes utilize doorbell cameras and they do not feel inclined to open their door for someone they don’t know.
Because of the reservations homeowners have about opening their doors for field sales reps, and other strangers, sales people are having to get more and more creative about what they leave behind to entice potential customers to reach out to them. Some of the best things to leave behind are:
- Door hangers with SmartConnect QR codes that allow customers to scan to open a quick chat or text conversation with you/your reps.
- One-pagers that start your sales pitch for you to get customers intrigued by what you offer and more likely to want to hear the rest.
- Door hangers, stickers or magnets with a quick call to action showing customers what your current specials are to get them excited about working with your company.
There are several benefits to leaving behind marketing collateral for homeowners, including:
- Leaving behind a QR code that opens a text conversation with you so potential customers can set up another meeting with you, ask questions or get more information about your products and services.
- Providing a positive customer experience by making yourself accessible to homeowners at their convenience.
- Allowing them to get more information from your materials so they can continue to learn about what you offer, even after you leave their home.
Don’t get discouraged by customers who don’t open their doors or customers who seem uninterested at the beginning of your conversation. Instead, come prepared with messages you can leave behind to keep your conversation going through valuable information and easy contact methods.
For more insights on marketing strategy that actually works for small business, connect with Jay Bean, Founder of FreshLime and Small Business Marketing Expert on LinkedIn and Twitter. If any of these tips have helped you or if you have anything to add, please comment below. We’d love to hear from you!
3300 Ashton Blvd Suite 210, Lehi, UT 84043, United States
Lehi, UT 84043