You own a small business and that’s a big deal. Why would you settle for small marketing methods and small marketing ideas? Small businesses need big marketing now more than ever. Why? Because you have to keep up. There’s no more flexibility when it comes to your online reputation and there’s no wiggle room when it comes to attribution. The world is fast paced and everyone is online, including your competitors. Businesses need to be paying attention to what marketing tactics they’re using and which ones are working. If you’re not sure what “big marketing” entails, here’s what you need to know:
- Knowing Your Data: Knowing your data means that you are storing your customer information, transnational information and marketing stats. The truth is that your data could make or break your business. If you don’t track your information and store your data where it’s easy to understand and accessible, it’s time to get started.
- Using Your Data: What good is your data if you don’t use it? Using your data is essentially the process of making sure you understand where your customers are coming from and how you can bring them back, knowing which products/services bring in the most money and knowing which of your marketing methods are working for your business and which ones are wasting your money. Tracking your data is simple and easy-to-read when you use a service like FreshLime, because all of the information is sorted and simplified for you.
- Creating Customer Loyalty: Loyal customers are what businesses need in order to thrive! How can you create customer loyalty? By storing your customers’ contact information so you can send them valuable, productive engagements. Encouraging your customers to come back through your door by establishing a relationship is the only way to build that connection you need to create loyal customers.
- Focusing on Online Reputation: Your online reputation encompasses all-things online reviews, social media and even your website. Having a positive online reputation means:
- You and your employees ask happy customers to leave you reviews online after each service.
- You respond professionally to all online reviews… negative, positive and everything in between. If you need tips responding to positive or negative reviews, we’ve got you covered with the links above!
- Make sure your business information is easily accessible on as many local listings as possible.
- Regularly ensure your online information (phone number, address, hours, services offered, etc) is up-to-date and attach pictures to all of your profiles to make them look fresh!
- Have a strong social presence. Your business should be found on Facebook, Google, Instagram and Yelp at least. Post on your social pages regularly and keep the content relevant to your business/industry. Of course, respond to your followers when they reach out to you via social media!
If your business needs any touch ups, feel free to reach out to our experts for a free evaluation and some simple tips and tricks to help you out with your big marketing!
For more insights on marketing strategy that actually works for small business, subscribe to the FreshLime Newsletter here. Connect with Jay Bean, Founder of FreshLime and Small Business Marketing Expert on LinkedIn and Twitter. And last of all, if any of these tips have helped you or if you have anything to add please comment below. We’d love to hear from you!
Grow your business today.
Stop wasting your valuable time and money on marketing that doesn’t work. Get started with FreshLime's customer communication platform today.