Do you ever wonder if you’re spending too much valuable time on social media? Do you ever think about the potential impact of spending more time carrying out an advanced social media strategy?
Regardless of your current social media marketing strategy, it never hurts to revisit your approach with the idea of making changes for the better.
Here are five statistics that have the potential to alter your strategy in the future:
1. Around seven-in-ten Americans use social media to connect with one another, engage with news content, share information and entertain themselves. (Pew Research Center)
2. 74% of people say they use Facebook for professional purposes. (HubSpot)
3. The total number of mobile phone users is 5.14 billion, a four percent increase over last year. (Hootsuite)
4. 93% of businesses expect to increase their social ad budget in 2018. (MarketingProfs)
5. Instagram has more than 500 million daily and 800 million monthly active users. (TechCrunch)
Now that you’ve read through these statistics, it’s time to answer an important question: will any of these change the way you market your business?
For example, it’s important to understand that Instagram is growing at an insane rate. With hundreds of millions of daily and monthly active users, there’s never been a better time to make your mark on the platform.
And what about your social ad budget? With 93% of businesses spending more on this, you may want to do the same – or risk getting left behind.
It’s important to have a solid grasp of the social media landscape, including how things are changing. These types of statistics will help keep you informed.
For more insights on marketing strategy that actually works for small business, subscribe to the FreshLime Newsletter here. Connect with Jay Bean, Founder of FreshLime and Small Business Marketing Expert on LinkedIn and Twitter. And last of all, if any of these tips have helped you or if you have anything to add please comment below. We’d love to hear from you!
3300 Ashton Blvd Suite 210, Lehi, UT 84043, United States
Lehi, UT 84043