If you’ve heard it once, you’ve heard it a million times: customer service is the key to growing your business.
It’s one thing to say this, but another thing entirely to understand what it means.
The following statistics prove that customer service is the key to customer happiness, which will in turn help you establish a successful business:
- The majority of Americans have decided not to make a purchase because of a poor customer service experience. (American Express)
- It takes 12 positive experiences to make up for one unresolved negative experience. (Glance)
- It costs approximately 6x more to attract a new customer than to retain an existing customer. (Salesforce)
- More than 60 percent of customers say they share their bad experiences with others. (Salesforce Research on the State of Customer Experience)
- U.S. companies lose more than $62 billion annually due to poor customer service. (Help Scout)
While these statistics may scare you, it’s good to know that a large portion of individuals believe that customer service is improving across the board.
If you’re not 100 percent confident in the customer service you’re providing, now’s the time to pinpoint what’s gone wrong and implement a strategy for a better future.
These statistics prove that customer service is essential to establishing a healthy business and moving to the top of your industry. Don’t let a lack of service hold you back from reaching your goals.
For more insights on marketing strategy that actually works for small business, connect with Jay Bean, Founder of FreshLime and Small Business Marketing Expert on LinkedIn and Twitter. If any of these tips have helped you or if you have anything to add, please comment below. We’d love to hear from you!
Grow your business today.
Stop wasting your valuable time and money on marketing that doesn’t work. Get started with FreshLime's customer communication platform today.